Monday, February 23, 2009

28 weeks... Wow... 12 weeks to go!



So today we begin our 12 week countdown to May 19th! I can not believe the time has flown like this. I feel like it was just yesterday my days were spent in the glorious bathroom, in bed, and far away from the kitchen at all costs!! But, time and patience has shown a growing belly, lots of kicking and an arrival that only leaves us waiting a little longer. We hope to move in July, so we don't actually have a nursery that we are preparing, but my brother bought us a bassinet for Christmas and I had a shower recently that seemed to rack up some great essentials... so a baby room will have to wait for now. I have gained about half of what my doctor told me to, so I think I am doing ok with the rate I am going now and will continue with my oreos and Dr. Pepper's here and there! Thankfully, I am only experiencing some heartburn at night... otherwise, I have no complaints (farewell morning sickness). I love being pregnant! Feeling this little one move is the best thing in the world... I love him/her so much already! Patrick and I can't wait to meet either our sweet Gabriel Patrick or Maria Grace... wow... what a miracle! 

To Be A Mother

"The most Important Person on earth is a mother.
She cannot claim the honor of having built 
Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not.
She has built something more magnificent 
than any cathedral- a dwelling for an immortal soul, 
the tiny perfection of her baby's body...
The angels have not been blessed 
with such a grace. They cannot share in God's 
creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven.
Only a human mother can. 
Mothers are closer to God the Creator
than any other creature; God joins forces
with mothers in performing this act of creation....
What on God's good earth is more glorious than this:
to be a mother?

  +Joseph Cardinal Mindszentey
1892-1975

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Voting