Monday, May 9, 2011

My Little Peanut, Patrick's Little Buddy: 2 Years Old!













The joy that this kid exudes is totally and incredibly contagious! My life has been changed. These past two years have flown by... two years ago on Mother's Day, my little peanut entered my world and it was never again the same. He contains a brilliance beyond his 2 years and has an impeccable memory and a love for learning about everything all the time. He has managed to memorize most of the books we have read him and he knows about 10 saints by heart... hope to get that on video soon... one crazy example is if you say, "Blessed Kateri..." he responds with, "TekA wifa!" He gets that from his dad. He also loves to be the center of attention and is the life of the party... from his dad too. On the other hand, he has the biggest heart in the world. He is concerned for everyone's well being, he apologizes if he runs into you and he would respond with "Nice to meet you" if you had just met him. He has a love for Jesus, Mary and most importantly, St. Joseph. It is his request weekly at Mass to go visit "Jofus afta da blessing, Mommy." He loves him. Gabriel is super stubborn and determined and only likes to do things if its his idea... that may be from me, yikes, but I think I have passed on some of the big heart part of him too.

He has lately started reminding us to say a blessing at dinner, where he will bless himself and keep his hands folded while we pray. He has started to kneel at Mass when we do. And he prays evening prayers before bed, which involves the Hail Mary, Guardian Angel and then a long list of "God Bless..." and he fills in the blank usually with, "Buzz Lightyear, Mom Mom Pop Pop and Unlce Eddie, along with most of the other family members.

He LOVES Toy Story, especially Woody and Buzz. He loves Elmo. He loves slippers and pajamas and loves bath time. He has begun to play outside more which I love and he likes running in the sprinkler. He talks on the phone. He likes to color and draw. And we have lately begun to do play doh and build blocks.

We have had so much trouble getting him to eat and have recently began occupational therapy, where we have seen so much improvement already. The little man is just too busy to eat and is super picky. They have said that he has textural issues with his hands and mouth so we are working super hard on breaking him of these issues and it has been quite an uphill battle. For just about any meal, he will agree to eat chocolate. But being the good parents we are, we try for real food... he will eat chicken (if fried), french fries, grilled cheese, quessadillas, peanut butter on a bagel and he just ate noodles with spaghetti sauce for the first time ever last week. He will seriously eat chocolate chips anytime, anywhere in any amount... his name for chocolate is "happy" thanks to his mom.

He LOVES his brother. He has been the most caring, affectionate brother I have ever met. He always tells me, "Bring Anthony" when we are preparing to leave... like I was gonna leave him, but so sweet. And he is constantly kissing him bringing him toys and trying so hard to make him laugh. I love it more than anything and could not be happier to have had them so close together. I have realized that one of my greatest gifts to Gabriel will be Anthony.

He does some pretty hilarious things. The other day I put him in his crib for his nap... he sang up there for about an hour... when I went to get him up a few hours later... he was snoring SO loud and when I looked in his crib all I could see were his bare little butt cheeks and his toy story slippers... he had taken all of his clothes off. I could not stop laughing!!

He has started to have to sit in time out... right now this is working wonders... he understands, he cries and then we have not seen him repeat his offenses. We will pray this remains the case.

He is always giggling and always dancing. He loves hide and seek and loves to tickle you. He has been a true pride and joy and I can not thank Jesus enough for this gift of Gabriel Patrick. Oh, the craziest pregnancy and the days I begged God to keep him after previously having a miscarriage. God is so good. Lord, he is yours. Thank you for sharing him with me. Being a mom has been my greatest joy. Happy 2nd Birthday, my little peanut.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday, Gabriel! I brag about you all the time even though you aren't my kid ; ) You are amazing! Charles, Ania and I love you lots!

    Lots of birthday hugs!
    Erin (Ania's Mom ; )

    ReplyDelete

Background

Voting