Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Squashed It with My Bear Hands!

Ok, so you're probably thinking, "Kristi does not know how to spell" but I meant to write "bear hands," although I did squash that mosquito with my bare hands... they were also my mama BEAR hands.

The other day I was sitting at the kitchen table doing some work and Gabriel was on the floor next to me, talking away and chewing on what he chews on these days... anything he can manage to get his hands on. Since it was such a beautiful day, I had the door to the balcony open for some fresh air. It was just growing dark and I had not closed it yet.

I guess a mosquito had managed to squirm its way in. I HATE bugs. Not only did it squirm in, but it managed to fly right onto my sweet little guy's back. His shirt had crept up some from scooting across the blanket on the floor and the bug landed right on his little love handles. The next thing that happened was truly a miracle, because with NO HESITATION AT ALL, I jumped up and squashed that mosquito right between my fingers.... ahh gross, the chill down my spine I get just thinking about it. But, in the moment the Mama Bear came out of me. And all because of a tiny bug.

I am growing into a die hard Mama Bear. I will protect my child with no fear. No fear of bugs. No fear of guts. No fear of bug guts between my fingers. Ewww. Chills. I think it is a true sign of motherhood.

I believe that this is just a silly circumstance, but in all seriousness and in the reality of life, our biggest protection over our children is prayer. Every night when Gabriel goes to sleep, we pray over him and every morning when he wakes up we ask that his guardian angel protect him. It is the grace of God through our request before His throne that places a wall of armor up around our sweet innocent soul. I hope I may always remember to protect his spiritual well being as quickly as I do with his physical... with no hesitation and with a sense of heroism.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard because this TOTALLY happened to me the other week, and I had to take a moment and think..where did that come from? I am ferocious at protecting my babe;)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Voting