Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I promise to not forget...


I know... the picture above doesn't look real. Just wait till I move my hands... the big watermelon will fall right to the floor. Ha. Just kidding. That is really my belly. Outrageous.

Always together. Always smiling. They must have good parents. ;)

Our family beach trip to Daytona at the beginning of May. No trips this summer... baby is coming!

And below... my three studs. I am a blessed woman!

As we near the end of this pregnancy, I am promising myself to not forget so many things... the best way to do that is to write them down.

First, I promise not to forget this pregnancy in all its glory, but mostly in all its sufferings and sacrifices. Those sacrifices are so important to me and were offered for so many very important things... things that are so close to my heart. One of the best things I have found about being Catholic actually is the redemptive suffering. There is never suffering for no reason at all. It always has a purpose. So, for all those people and circumstances in my heart... especially my family, the sweet souls entrusted to me, my friends on the verge of divorce, the fidelity of priests, those preparing for marriage and those people who are suffering chronically. These sufferings were used for you. I will not forget the terrible morning sickness, all the mornings I could not stand up in the shower, the awful headaches and vertigo, not being able to get around as quickly, the numb spot in my back, and ohhh goodness gracious... those terrible, horrible, no good restless legs, which left me awake many many nights. It was all worth it. (Let's not mention labor and delivery yet!)

Second, I don't want to forget what my life was like with just 2 little boys. I have never learned more... about how to let go, about how to create an adventure out of nothing, and about how much boys just adore their mom. I have never had more fun watching two boys at such a young age become the best of friends. I would not trade it for anything. You can see from the pictures above that they are the most beautiful (OK, handsome) little guys in the world. I love them with my very core. I spend all day and every day with them and wouldn't trade being a stay at home mom of two little boys for anything... even in the midst of the toilet water everywhere, the dirt, the wrestling, the jumping, the sword fights, the blocks, the forts, and of course, the dance parties. I have had the time of my life with two precious boys. Will there be another boy? Likely. And the testosterone will just increase and I will learn so much more... and if a girl... well, that's another story for another day, but I would gladly welcome big pink bows in my house any day!

Lastly, I will never forget the uncomplaining, selfless, every day love, support and presence of my amazing husband. I know now why so many women cut off their fertility... it's because they don't have a real man to be there with them. It is in my husband that I find the hope and joy in my day. He does everything in his power to make my life easier every day. (And I try to so hard to do the same). He has let me sleep in countless mornings, has made me breakfasts that I can get down, he has come home early to bathe the kids, get them to bed, do dishes and then head back to work. Then, not to mention him rubbing my legs through the night so I can attempt to sleep. He has managed to do a ton of research to find just about any supplement that would help any and all of my ailments I have had. He has literally worked his butt off for our family. He has been fixing our cars, and doing countless nesting jobs... even the silly ones. And in the meantime, he has taught me how to always keep disciplining our kids at the forefront and he has managed to spend much time playing hard with the boys... since this big pregnant mama can no longer wear them out. He is quite a man. I love him.

So, cheers, to this pregnancy. And may there be many more! For HIS glory if He wills.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Voting