Friday, June 1, 2012

this place isn't so bad...

Hey Little Peanut,

I have been thinking of you so much the past two days. Your grandparents were generous enough to take your brothers to Atlanta and I have had much time to myself... to clean, organize, and get ready for you. I have been praying for you. I have been wondering about you. And I have been overwhelmed with the emotion of joy. I get to bring you home. I get to introduce you to an amazing man, your father. I get to introduce you to the two sweetest brothers you will ever hope or wish for. And lastly, I get to hold you in my arms and tell you that, "Hey, it's me, your mom. I suffered so much for you. And you were so worth it. You're here. And I am here. And I am totally yours because God has called me to this beautiful vocation to give myself to you for love of Him." Someone asked me why I want "these kids" if there is so much suffering involved. I am at a loss of words... any person who knows the love of God would see that the joy far outweighs the tough part. I can not explain the feeling of peace, the intense joy, the excitement that a parent gets thinking about bringing another child into the world. It's an eternal soul... you, my sweet child, will always exist because of the love of our Great God. This place isn't so bad... as much as the media shows us that things are falling apart... I promise you that we will keep you safe and teach you the love of God. Our little domestic church we are building in our home is far from perfect, but we will teach you to pray, we will teach you to love your siblings,  we will have dance parties, we will have fun, we will teach you to laugh, we will eat dinner together, we will celebrate life... and I am so excited to teach you all this. God is good to allow someone else to join us on this roller coaster ride they call life. These boys I live with right now are pretty amazing. You won't be disappointed. We are going to love you a lot. I am so excited. OK, I am almost ready for you. Don't stay in there too much longer. You are getting kinda heavy. I love you.

Love,
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Voting