Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Asking

"You pay God a compliment by asking great things of Him.” - St. Teresa of Avila

Today on the feast of St. Teresa I saw that someone had this quote on their facebook wall. It seems that quotes from saints are one of the only reasons I tend to keep my account... I just love reflecting on them. I like to be deep. My heart doesn't have trouble going there.

I was reminded today to ask more. In the midst of kids, my sweet husband, helping to run this school, and feeling pretty terrible, I have forgotten to ask help from Jesus. I am in constant need... a place He loves me to be, so He can be needed more. And I'll be darned if I haven't asked. 

I need help, Lord. I need more patience, to learn to lower my voice when correcting my kids. I need help. I need your healing power to keep me well, so I can take care of my children for each long day they are in my care. I need help encouraging and supporting my husband as he finds where God wants him to be. 

I resolve to ask more. To ask bigger. And to ask more specifically. You are Lord. You can do it if You will. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Voting