Friday, November 22, 2013

We're having a GIRL!

Last Friday morning consisted of a last minute decision, two little boys who sat patiently in the waiting room, and a mommy who cried tears of shock. With each boy you have your chances go up that you will have more! My heart was totally prepared for another boy. It seemed to make sense. I only have boys. I know how to do this well (at least mostly well) and I have really just got the hang of how to deal with them, relate with them, let them get dirty, and all the rest.

Well, BOY was I surprised! We are having a GIRL! We went in thinking maybe we would get the gender in an envelope, get someone to bake us a cake with pink or blue inside or do some other crazy trick to get the reveal, but God knew it would be shock enough to find out in that moment. The ultrasound tech agreed to tell us right away before she performed the whole scan. It was almost instant that the baby made it possible to see... that she indeed was a GIRL! I was soo incredibly shocked. I started to cry, I covered my face and said, "No way! Are you serious?!" Anthony then started to cry because he thought I was sad. Patrick had to comfort him... and then had to recover from his own shock that now he was a daddy to a little girl. It was so exciting.

I have thought often of the moment I would get to hold a little girl, dress a little girl and buy a doll for my own daughter. I am dreading the differences I will have to adjust to with raising a daughter, but I really couldn't be more thrilled. Someone to have around to braid their hair, paint their nails, and dress up with bows and in lavendar. I still don't believe it.

The world has really attacked the dignity of the woman. I feel now I will be challenged with something much different than raising young holy men, but now, I will have to battle the messages that will be sent to her about the very being she was created to be, a daughter of God. I feel I need to pray much for her already. I have fought the battles myself and continue to as a mother and wife. What an opportunity! Fighting the good fight so she always knows she is worth so much. Thank you, Jesus, for my sweet baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Voting