Friday, May 29, 2009

Contemplating the Face of God

I was talking with someone the other day and was reminded of a phenomenon God has graced us with. It has to do with Heaven and our children. It is said that when you make it to the pearly gates (if God has so had mercy) that we will forever contemplate the face of God. I personally have always kinda struggled with this concept, thinking, "I am just going to stare into His face for all eternity? Really?" And then I had this sweet baby boy, who I could just look at all day long. I never get bored staring at him and each moment I do flies by so quickly, making time very different now. So, this is what was explained to me the other day: Heaven will be much like staring into the eyes of your child... the closest we can come here on earth to contemplating the face of God. Now, I can't wait. The motivation to get there is even greater. God has a tendency to do that to us... He gives us gifts in which we just can't help but love Him more. He will never let us outdo Him in generosity.

3 comments:

  1. oh, it's so true isn't it! Even now, I love just watching my baby boy's face. his face that has started to look more like a little boy these days. It's amazing. I can't wait to meet your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristi - what an awesome reflection. I love knowing you are enjoying this time so much. I'm glad we have friends like you and Patrick that are able to share these amazing experiences of parenthood. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, the amazing thing is that it doesn't go away with the changing of time... as I watch my now adult children face the challenges of being in the world but not of the world, I'm reminded of God's incredible love for us in giving us his children to carry on his mission on earth, salvation. To date, I find that the only thing to compare to looking into the eyes of your child is looking into the eyes of your grandchild... Blessings to you, Patrick and your beautiful son.
    In His Love,
    Mrs. Duval

    ReplyDelete

Background

Voting